Painting your walls can change your space for the best or the worst. I love to walk into a space and feel comfortable, excited, happy, relaxed, or even surprised! The reason why I can have those feelings when I walk into a space is because something as simple as a wall color can play a large role in designing a successful room. One of the largest structures in a room are the walls and painting them the right color can MAKE or BREAK the design of your room.
Have you ever chosen a wall color then paint your walls, place all the furnishings back into the room and feel like you're in a different room? That's because color is one of the most important elements in interior design. I decided to focus on 5 reasons paint can transform your room to a new level visually.
"Choosing the right color, finish, or pattern for your room is key to transforming your space."
1. Creates a Backdrop. Since walls are one of the largest structures in your room, painting them will make a dramatic difference in how your room looks. Design Tip: If prefer to not have the walls the focus of your room then I suggest painting them a neutral color or even white. This will create a backdrop for your key pieces (e.i. artwork, pillows, accent furnishings) to shine. White walls are always a great option if you prefer a fresh, clean look.
2. Adds Pattern and Texture. If you like the idea of adding a focal wall or want to highlight a surface like the floors, ceilings or a column then using a faux finish or special technique with paint can allow you to create a custom pattern or texture that no one else will have. Be sure you consult with your interior designer and paint specialist first.
3. Adds Contrast. A successful room design includes visual interest. Nothing adds more visual interest than contrast. Even if you have a monochromatic color palette, add contrast by using a darker wall color than your floor surface. This will add a layer of interest to the design of your room.
4. Adds Color. Color has the power to affect your emotions. It's a good idea to take some time and determine how you want to feel in your room. Warm colors can make a space feel cozy, exciting, playful, and energized. Whereas, cool colors can make a space feel relaxing, soothing, and peaceful.
5. Freshens a Room. A fresh coat of paint is a quick and easy way to liven or freshen your room. New painted walls have a clean and bright layer of finish to them that will add a new look to your room.
If you are frustrated trying to choose a paint color for your room or don't know what will look great with your existing design, this is your time to get your PAINT CONSULTATION for a flat rate! This will save you TIME & HEADACHE. I will choose the right paint color and finish for your walls that will have your guests impressed with your NEW room! Plus your painter will be excited that you finally made a decision! GET STARTED BY CLICKING>>>HERE.
Here's to beautiful colored walls!
P.S. Not located in the Tri State area? No worries, Paint Color Suggestions is an online service offered at a flat rate per room.