It's a New Year and that means it's time to get organized. Whether you have a tiny closet or a large walk in closet you can have a beautifully designed space that is an extension of your bedroom. An organized closet showcases your wardrobe by incorporating beautiful finishes and accessories. Here are some must haves for decorating your closet.
- Area Rug/Carpet. Compliment your closet storage system or furniture by adding a large area rug or wall to wall carpet. This will help create a relaxed look in your closet.
- Lighting. Lighting is key in any room but especially in your closet. Add a chandelier if space permits to add a decorative touch to the space. Accent lighting may also be needed to highlight your wardrobe.
- Hangers. Use the same style hangers throughout your closet, this will create consistency. Make sure you use quality hangers that will support your clothing.
- Drawer Organizers. Keep your socks, personal items and jewelry clutter free with drawer organizers. Knowing where to find your items saves you so much time and frustration.
- Drawer Hardware. Adding hardware to your drawers can serve as a decorative and functional accessory to your drawers.
- Mirror. Just like every clothing boutique has a mirrors, every closet should have a mirror of some form. Use a floor mirror to look at your outfit in whole but if space doesn't allow make sure to add a small accent mirror on a wall or table surface.
- Storage Basket & Bin. A closet is meant for storage, however it doesn't have to look boring. Use large color fabric bins with lids for storing larger items and small baskets with labels for storing smaller items.
Redefine your storage space by turning it into the closet of your dreams!